Sunday, February 19, 2012

Barick's: Grilled Chuck Steak, Tuna Crosttini, Grilled Chicken Alfredo Penne, Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Iced Tea.

It was the night of Valentine's Day and we just got back from DLSU after teaching a LEAP Class in BeatBox. Gab's Dad wanted to eat out, so he decided to take us out to Barick's. Barick's is a restaurant in Pampanga that is owned and run by Gab's Auntie. It's been a round for a couple of years and has been getting a lot of attention. Good food plus alcoholic drinks all with a very relaxing environment, this place is surely to make you keep coming back. 


Up for review: Grilled Chuck Steak, Grilled Chicken Alfredo Penne, Tuna Crosttini, Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and the Iced Tea.

Photobucket


What the place looks like.


Photobucket


How the tables look.


Photobucket


Meat-filled Menu.

Photobucket


They have some Pasta as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


A table full of notes.

Photobucket




Iced Tea.


Photobucket

Grilled Chicken Alfredo Penne

Photobucket


Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp

Photobucket


Sweet and Spicy sauce with a little bit of veggies on the side

Photobucket


Grilled Chuck Steak.

Photobucket


Tuna Crosttini




THE VERDICT

He Says:  I've been going here ever since it opened ('cause my Aunt owns the place. Haha.). It never fails to satisfy my steak cravings and the taste is just so good for the price. The Grilled Chuck Steak is the best seller. A big, juicy slab of steak put right in front of you to chow down. It's really good with the gravy and rice. The Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is a new favorite. The flavor of Bacon and Shrimp really go well together, and it's even better with the dipping sauce. Best served with rice. The Tuna Crosttini is something I'm not a huge fan of. Sure it's cheezy, but the Tuna isn't all for me. It's good, but it's not something I'd order regularly. The Grilled Chicken Penne is something I've recently tried. It's creamy and the chicken is cooked really well. Must try this again to be sure of it's true flavor. The Iced Tea is my favorite. It's Tamarind Iced Tea, so you don't really expect the Lipton or Nestea drinks you normally see. The place is just the best.

Rating: Steak = 10/10; Bacon Wrapped Shrimp = 9/10; Tuna Crosttini = 6/10; Chicken Penne = 9/10; Iced Tea = 10/10




She Says: I've been going here ever since Gab and I started dating. It has been 2 years and a half and I still love the place. Their steak is one of my favorite's. We actually got a couple of friends to crave for it whenever they're in the area.  The bacon wrapped shrimp was really good. I found it a little dry to eat on it's own but the sweet and spicy sauce made up for it. We've always wondered what made their Iced Tea different, then we sort of tasted tamarind in it. We're not completely sure what it is but it's something you should try when you're in the area. I liked the tuna crosttini. It was really soft and crunchy bread with tuna and cheese :) I think the tomato salsa made it even better! yummy appetizer! Oh, and I really liked the Chicken Penne because it wasn't drowning in sauce but it was flavorful. My favorite pasta dish from their menu :)


Rating: Steak = 10/10; Bacon Wrapped Shrimp = 8/10; Tuna Crosttini = 10/10; Chicken    Penne = 10/10; Iced Tea = 10/10





ADDRESS:


Northwalk I, Olongapo-Gapan Road, San Fernando, Pampanga



3 comments:

  1. We always have a stop over at Northwalk whenever we go home to our grandparents, but I think it's closed during the morning. Hope I get to try this soon. :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they open in the evening. I hope you get to try it too! I'm a super big fan of their Baked Mussels too! :D

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you!