T'was the morning of the Hot Air Balloon Festival and we decided to try out one of the recipes we found on the Internet. Mimi discovered a great way to pack a full meal into a little cup. These are called Breakfast Cups. It's Bread, Butter, Eggs, Cheese and slices of Spam packed together in a cupcake container. They're great on the go and is easy to prepare. All you need is an oven.
The final product.
1. Cut the crust off bread
2. Roll out bread as thin as possible with rolling pin.
3. Press flattened bread into well greased muffin tins. Brush bread cups with a bit of melted butter.
4. Bake bread cups at 375F for 5-7 minutes or until light golden brown.
5. Curl a piece of thin deli ham(we used SPAM cause we didn't have anything else) into the cup and add thin slices of cheese along the sides of the bread cups.
6. Break an egg into each cup (1 egg wasn't enough so we used 2)
7. Bake egg cups at 375F for 14-18 minutes until egg whites are barely set and still appear moist.
8. Remove from oven and immediately tightly cover with tin foil and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
*We only used two eggs. The reason to why there are 4 egg yolks there is because the eggs Gab had at home has 2 egg yolks per egg.